CertCities.com -- The Ultimate Site for Certified IT Professionals
Keep on Top of the Latest Certification News: Subscribe to CertCities.com Newsletter Share share | bookmark | e-mail
  Microsoft®
  Cisco®
  Security
  Oracle®
  A+/Network+"
  Linux/Unix
  More Certs
  Newsletters
  Salary Surveys
  Forums
  News
  Exam Reviews
  Tips
  Columns
  Features
  PopQuiz
  RSS Feeds
  Press Releases
  Contributors
  About Us
  Search

Advanced Search
  Free Newsletter
  Sign-up for the #1 Weekly IT
Certification News
and Advice.
Subscribe to CertCities.com Free Weekly E-mail Newsletter
CertCities.com

See What's New on
Redmondmag.com!

Cover Story: IE8: Behind the 8 Ball

Tech-Ed: Let's (Third) Party!

A Secure Leap into the Cloud

Windows Mobile's New Moves

SQL Speed Secrets

CertCities.com
Let us know what you
think! E-mail us at:

... Home ... Forums ... Forum Posts

Forums
Active topics Display List of Forum Members Search the Forum Help Register Login

Miscellaneous
 CertCities.com Forums | Miscellaneous
Subject Topic: Cant afford attorney to sue ITT Tech? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next topic >>
BosonMichael
Platinum
Platinum

Certification Guru

Posted: 27 March 2008 at 2:05pm | IP Logged Quote BosonMichael

Absolutely great advice, SeattleOne. :) Doing the research beforehand would virtually eliminate most of the issues people have with training providers.

top View BosonMichael's Profile Search for other posts by BosonMichael Visit BosonMichael's Homepage

pentium4forever
Platinum
Platinum

Posted: 28 March 2008 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote pentium4forever

I'm not going to ITT Seattle, thanks for the response though. I was just curious is all. If I didn't have access to certcities forums, there's a chance ITT would have been considered. I, instead went to a community college and took several pc repair related courses and 4 ccna courses, and 2 microsoft courses, one on xp and one on windows server 2003 and active directory. Of all the courses I took (14 I believe), only 2 of them I didn't enjoy--one because the teacher stunk, the other I didn't find C++ of interest at all (the class was hard and I almost dropped it but in plain english I wasn't interested in the material either.

Edited by pentium4forever on 28 March 2008 at 9:06am

cmckever
New User
New User

Posted: 09 September 2009 at 11:05am | IP Logged Quote cmckever

FONT=Times

Hello Angel,
Thanks for starting this forum. Let me tell you my situation with ITT Tech. When I was attending ITT Tech, everything bad occured in my very last semester out there. During my Microeconomics class, the Registrar comes get me and pulls me out of class to tell me that she does not have a copy of my high school records.

According to policy, these records are to be kept on file until I have graduated. So, I contact my high school and I get the high school records for my Registrar. She tells me that everything is okay. The next day, she comes get me out of class again to tell me that I won't be able to graduate because I don't have a high school diploma. I graduated from high school with a Certificate of Completion because I did not pass the FCAT Reading. Everything else was done. When I enrolled at the school, the Registrar back then told me that everything was fine.

Now, this new Registrar tells me that I have to register for the GED Test through the School Board. The test costs $70. The big problem was the fact that test registrations were on hold that week because the following week was the first week of school. This was during Teacher Preparation Week.

Through hardwork and dedicated searching, I found a school that was doing test registrations. The same day, I went to the school and registered for the test. I quickly returned to school and let the Registrar make copies of the test registration papers. She then tells me again that I am clear for graduation.

Next week, during Final Exams, she comes pull me out of class again to tell me that I cannot graduate and that I need to push the testing date to an earlier date. I then explain to her that the School Board mandates the date of all tests and I cannot change the date of testing. So, she tells me that she will try to get me to test earlier. Unfortunately, she could not change the testing date and I still had to take the test on that date.

After all of this, the Campus Director searches the entire school looking for me. When she finds me, she fusses me out and reassures to me that I will not graduate. So, I try to transfer to another school to finish my studies. Therefore, I ask the Registrar to write a letter for me; stating that I have completed all of my courses. She refused to write the letter for me and all of my classes got dropped at the other school because of her.

On top of all of this, ITT Tech charges me with a Temp Credit balance of $10,000 and I have to pay $146 a month for 72 months just to pay that off. This does not include the loans that I took out for the school. Plus, the Registrar refuses to give me an official transcript and all of my student records are on block.

I wrote this message because I am looking for an attorney to fight my case. I cannot believe this school let me attend classes for two years and at the last minute, tell me that I cannot graduate. How heartbroken I was? How should I handle this?

Thanks for all of your help.

top View cmckever's Profile Search for other posts by cmckever Visit cmckever's Homepage

ITNerd
Platinum
Platinum

Posted: 14 September 2009 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote ITNerd

Did you not do any research on ITT Tech (or anybody else) BEFORE you decided to sink your money into them?

Judging by the thread that never seems to die, you're not alone.

The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard.
Consequently I will never
be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.
top View ITNerd's Profile Search for other posts by ITNerd

jayoh8088
New User
New User

Posted: 19 June 2010 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote jayoh8088

To all*

Hello, I see many many complaints and crys going through ITT-Tech and simply placing IT in a pot hole stating its simply not a well rounded school well :) this is my story

07; Finished high school in the area of EasLos (East Los Angeles)GPA 3.8

07: Right off the bat no time to waste registered for ITT-TECHNICAL institute.

08: Received and passed the A+, Network, and Security Certifications with ease(thank you ITT waived fee for me)

09- Graduated IT AS degree in Computer Network system. GPA 4.0
ITT awarded an honors plate and certificate for achievements,

09-Two months later after graduation ITT jumped started me off my career working with one of the highest e-commerce company paid rate/40,000 yearly

09/10- Registered for ITT-Tech Data Communications for Bachelors.

As you can see ITT-Tech is freaking amazing they pushed me and jump started me right off the bat, now I came from the low end barrios went to school kept on track and did what I Had to do now I'am living well loving the career ITT handed to me and making some dough, so please don't tell me you could not Finish school and salesmen were too pushy, and I could not find a job and blah blah blah its not the school its you, your lazy and easy manipulated to blaming others don't blame ITT-Tech for your faults for those currently enlisted in IT keep going don't get discouraged by these smucks and I highly advise going for your certifications which help smoothing those topics you may have trouble with and don't worry I may have been lucky though many of my IT buddies are from IT and are working up the ladder.

"We are I-T's we have our own world knowledge is never handed to us we have to dig down deep and discover it ourselves".
Thank you ITT-Tech,
and Thank you for your time.
top View jayoh8088's Profile Search for other posts by jayoh8088

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 19
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version